Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Freezer Frenzy Menu List

First, The Menu

I've chosen 20 recipes for my Freezer Cooking Frenzy. Maybe I'm mad, but it seems doable. I will be cooking, assembling, and freezing over a two and a half day period.

I've decided to have my Freezer Frenzy start on Sunday afternoon, September 8th, because I have Monday and Tuesday off from work. That means I have a couple of weeks to get organized, shop for sales on non-perishables, write information on the freezer bags, and then finish the last of the shopping on Saturday, the day before.

So, here is the list. I've added links to the recipes if you want to see them. You will notice that a lot of them are from The Pioneer Woman's website. Her recipes always turn out well, although they are not calorie-free by any means.

Chicken Pot Pie (2)
Cowboy Chicken Casserole (2)
Chicken Spaghetti (2)
Grilled Chicken Breasts (however many I buy)
Sour Cream Noodle Bake (2)
Calzones (2)
Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork (4)
Sunday Night Stew(2)
Frito Chili Pie (2)
Sloppy Joes (2)
Spaghetti Sauce (4-5)
Taco Meat (5)
Refried Beans  (6-8 sides)
Pizza Dough Balls (4)(double recipe, plus one tsp. extra salt, plus 2 tsp. Italian seasoning)
Baked French Toast-Savory (1)
Baked French Toast-Sweet (1)
Mom's Muffins (12 muffins)
Bran Muffins (72 muffins)
Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls (2 pans of 12)
Pie Crust Disks (4)
P.B. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (48 small or 24 large)(doubled, plus one extra cup flour)

The number is parenthesis is how many meals each recipe will make, based on how much my family of four eats in one meal. For instance, The Cowboy Chicken Casserole would normally make a 9x13 pan, but I will be putting it into two 9 inch pans for two separate meals. We are pretty good eaters in this house, so there may not be any leftovers for lunch some days.

When all is said and done, I hope to have 34 dinners, 4 breakfasts, 6-8 lunches, and lots of muffins and desserts. Now onward to sales and shopping. I will post the grocery list tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment